We have now transitioned in to the East Sussex Better Together Alliance and continue to make important changes, bringing together prevention work, primary and community care, social care, mental health, acute and specialist care.
By working together, we have already made significant improvements in care pathways across health and social care. You can read more about the programme and our plans on the East Sussex Better Together website.
Our priorities in involving you
Our main goal is to make sure that the health and care system works for everyone as we will all need these services at some stage of our life. To do this, we aim to:
- Facilitate transformation and new care models
- Enable co-design
- Improve accessible information
- Empower people in their health and wellbeing
- Develop relationships
You can read our latest Communications and Engagement Strategy here.
How do I know my voice is being heard?
We recognise that we need to be better at sharing how your voice has shaped what we do.
We’ve been able to use feedback from representatives of the voluntary sector and local community to develop our Year Two Action Plan. Based on what you have told us, we are committing to:
- Be transparent, accountable and honest
- Offer meaningful and diverse opportunities to be involved and feedback on what has happened as a result
- Work through and with community groups and voluntary organisations; recognising them as experts and equal partners
- Use jargon free communications and key messages
- Develop more digital communications and engagement approaches
- Go to where people are so that the information and engagement is relevant and meaningful